Events and Programs
Blue title is a link to more complete information about individual events.
- 2017-05-28: 125th Anniversary Celebration and Bishop’s Visitation Sunday, May 28, 2017 – One service only, worshiping all together at 10:15 am
- 2017-06-16 to 17: Relay for Life Relay For Life of West Seattle! RUN, Don’t Walk, to team up with St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church and the American Cancer Society for the Annual Relay for Life, June 16th-17th. This year’s Relay is next door at Hiawatha Park, from 6pm Friday to 8am Saturday. Many local businesses, churches and schools have created relay ...
- A Special Giving Opportunity at the Bishop’s Visitation During the Bishop’s visit on May 28th, our loose offering will be designated for the purpose of the Bishop’s Discretionary Fund.
- No Catechesis of the Good Shepherd May 28 Join the entire congregation at 10:15 for the Bishops visitation and 125th Anniversary celebration.
- Donation Request: Small Bells for Festival Banner Help the youth group with a rainbow festival banner by bringing small bells.
- Helping our neighbors in need: West Seattle Thriftway donates 1% of all receipts to the West Seattle Food Bank. A collection carton for receipts in is the Narthex.
- Upcoming Schedule Change New – A Summer Worship Schedule For the summertime, beginning Sunday, June 25, we will be moving to one service only, worshipping all together at 9:30 am. Thank you to all who voted to share your time preference. If you have any questions about this, please speak to a Vestry member.
- Kitchen Helpers Needed for Anniversary Lunch We are looking for kitchen helpers to help with our festive lunch during the Bishop’s visit and anniversary celebration.
- 2017 Parish Profile The recently completed parish profile is available.
- 2017 Financial Stewardship Information for ways to donate or pledge on-going support to the parish.
- Support Local Food Banks Food and financial donations to help our local food banks can be brought to St. John’s.
- Helping the Homeless at Camp Second Chance Donations of winter clothing items are sought for the homeless folks at Camp Second Chance.
- News from West Seattle Interfaith Network & SJB Homeless Workers Starting in December, SJB will begin collecting items for Camp Second Chance, located on Meyers Way SW, just south of the LDS Meetinghouse. The Seattle Police Department has assigned Officer Todd Weibke, to the West Seattle area as a monitor of the homeless camps, issues, and help. He also monitors Alki and greenbelt areas. Officer ...
- Act Locally: Help those in need Every Saturday, 12-2 PM, a group of people from West Seattle churches serve “a meal/a smile/and donations” in White Center. This all happens in the parking lot on south side of Bartells at SW Roxbury & 15 Ave SW. More helpers are needed. The homeless folks receiving are in so much need and your presence ...
- Clergy Line-up We are welcoming a variety of voices to our Sunday celebration of the Eucharist during this interim time.
- Make Rag Rugs with the Arts and Crafts Co-op There are lots of fun ways to help with this worthwhile project.
- Southside Garden-Labyrinth Saint John has begun work on a labyrinth and contemplative garden to the south of the church, between the building and Hanford Street.
- Get Creative with the Arts and Crafts Co-op! Arts & Crafts Co-op is making Rag Rugs — Get creative with us! No experience required.
- Yarn needed for Threads of Love The Threads of Love ministry at St. John’s makes and donates handmade items to Seattle Children’s Hospital: blankets, hats, ditty bags, burial outfits, booties, and some therapy balls.
- Assisting Homeless and Low Income Youth in West Seattle St. John’s has pledged support to low income and homeless youth at Chief Sealth International High School.
- Food Bank Wish List Bring contributions to the baskets in the narthex. Always Needed: Protein, Canned Meats/Tuna, Canned Vegetables, Beans (Canned or Dry), Canned Soup, Canned Fruit, Pasta, Baby Food & Formula…