Events and Programs
Blue title is a link to more complete information about individual events.
- 2017-06-25 Anti-hate Training A New Anti-Hate Group in West Seattle, and an Anti-Hate Training Anti-Hate Alaska Junction is a new, local, grassroots organization. Their purpose is to eliminate hate crimes and harassment incidents in our neighborhood. Based on Anti-Hate Delridge, which came together last fall, Anti-Hate Alaska Junction has three tasks: To intervene in hate-based incidents, as possible To support the ...
- 2017-06-25: Schedule Change and Rector Announcement New – A Summer Worship Schedule For the summertime, beginning Sunday, June 25, we will be moving to one service only, worshiping all together at 9:30 am. Thank you to all who voted to share your time preference. If you have any questions about this, please speak to a Vestry member. Rector Search Update We were happy to ...
- 2017-06-25:LGBT Pride Parade Show Your Episcopal PRIDE at Seattle Pride, Sunday, June 25. Live as children of light—for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true (Ephesians 4. 8-9). The 2017 Seattle Pride Parade is Sunday, June 25. Last year, in 2016, more than 60 people from the Diocese of Olympia and ...
- 2017-07-02: Loaves and Fishes Family Picnic “Loaves & Fishes” and Family Picnic – Sunday, July 2, following the morning service Ellen Freeman has made her annual fishing trip to Alaska, and has once again brought back enough fish for a feast. We are grateful to Ellen for the generous donation of fish, and also wine, that make this wonderful event possible. Bring ...
- Donation Request: Small Bells for Festival Banner Help the youth group with a rainbow festival banner by bringing small bells.
- Helping our neighbors in need: West Seattle Thriftway donates 1% of all receipts to the West Seattle Food Bank. A collection carton for receipts in is the Narthex.
- Upcoming Schedule Change New – A Summer Worship Schedule For the summertime, beginning Sunday, June 25, we will be moving to one service only, worshipping all together at 9:30 am. Thank you to all who voted to share your time preference. If you have any questions about this, please speak to a Vestry member.
- 2017 Parish Profile The recently completed parish profile is available.
- 2017 Financial Stewardship Information for ways to donate or pledge on-going support to the parish.
- Support Local Food Banks Food and financial donations to help our local food banks can be brought to St. John’s.
- Helping the Homeless at Camp Second Chance Donations of winter clothing items are sought for the homeless folks at Camp Second Chance.
- News from West Seattle Interfaith Network & SJB Homeless Workers Starting in December, SJB will begin collecting items for Camp Second Chance, located on Meyers Way SW, just south of the LDS Meetinghouse. The Seattle Police Department has assigned Officer Todd Weibke, to the West Seattle area as a monitor of the homeless camps, issues, and help. He also monitors Alki and greenbelt areas. Officer ...
- Act Locally: Help those in need Every Saturday, 12-2 PM, a group of people from West Seattle churches serve “a meal/a smile/and donations” in White Center. This all happens in the parking lot on south side of Bartells at SW Roxbury & 15 Ave SW. More helpers are needed. The homeless folks receiving are in so much need and your presence ...
- Clergy Line-up We are welcoming a variety of voices to our Sunday celebration of the Eucharist during this interim time.
- Make Rag Rugs with the Arts and Crafts Co-op There are lots of fun ways to help with this worthwhile project.
- Southside Garden-Labyrinth Saint John has begun work on a labyrinth and contemplative garden to the south of the church, between the building and Hanford Street.
- Get Creative with the Arts and Crafts Co-op! Arts & Crafts Co-op is making Rag Rugs — Get creative with us! No experience required.
- Yarn needed for Threads of Love The Threads of Love ministry at St. John’s makes and donates handmade items to Seattle Children’s Hospital: blankets, hats, ditty bags, burial outfits, booties, and some therapy balls.
- Assisting Homeless and Low Income Youth in West Seattle St. John’s has pledged support to low income and homeless youth at Chief Sealth International High School.
- Food Bank Wish List Bring contributions to the baskets in the narthex. Always Needed: Protein, Canned Meats/Tuna, Canned Vegetables, Beans (Canned or Dry), Canned Soup, Canned Fruit, Pasta, Baby Food & Formula…