- 2017-11-14 Silver Guild
Save the Date: Tuesday, November 14, for the next Silver Guild (seniors group) gathering. We begin at 1:00 pm with a potluck (Bring a dish to share!), and the program offering follows. We meet in the Parish Hall.
Adult Formation at Saint John’s
Discipleship is crucial to Christian spirituality, and we are all called to be responsible stewards of our own formation as adults in the church. Saint John the Baptist parish offers a variety of resources to practice, study, and experience your faith.
There are a number of ministries which offer the chance to volunteer for the short or long term and jump right into service and fellowship with your fellow minsters in the church. If you are new to the community, we recommend:
- the “Windows and Weeds” campus maintenance one Saturday each month
- sign up for “Dinner with Friends,” a seasonal ministry of meeting new people and sharing meals
- think about taking part in any of our worship ministries: readers, acolytes, Eucharistic ministers, choir, or Altar Guild
- and the best way to familiarize yourself with the community: become one of our Sunday morning greeters.
We have myriad ways to learn more about everything related to faith and spirituality:
- The Nancy Dealey Library offers a comfortable space to sit and read, spread out and undertake more serious research, or host small study and reading groups. It is available for individual or group use on Sundays and by request through the week.
- Lenten Soup Suppers each year during Lent include an extended class session on topics as decided by the instructor.
- Classes are offered are generally offered for a defined number of weeks, with a variety of scheduled times in order to accommodate as many learners as possible through the year.
Saint John’s is committed to providing a variety of devotional resources to enrich every member’s experience of prayer and practice:
- Regular Wednesday services of Evening Prayer / Eucharist offer an intimate and informal alternative to the larger, more structured worship of Sundays.
- The Prayer Room is open almost year round for private or group prayer, including a labyrinth which is available seasonally and by request.
- Healing Prayer is offered regularly as a part of Sunday worship.
- Seasonally scheduled Quiet Days and occasional retreats are available to the community – check the calendar and newsletter to learn more.
And of course, we are always open to new ideas!