Worship and Formation
As we gather at St. John’s on Sundays please know that everyone is welcome to worship with us – no exceptions, no exclusions. We practice our banner invitation, “Come as you are!” We believe God has created each of us in God’s own image. We are his sons and daughters whom he loves and for whom he cares deeply. You are invited to participate fully in our worship, or simply sit in quiet contemplation – whatever most feeds your soul.
Children are always welcome at worship. To enable them to enjoy their time in the worship hour, St. John’s provides a staffed nursery very close to and within sight of the worship space. Also, near the rear of the worship space, we have provided an open space with a table with books and coloring supplies and soft toys. It is arranged so that parents may sit with or very close to their children.
To learn more about our philosophy and what to expect in worship click here.
Worship opportunities at St. John’s:
- 8:00 am Eucharist with sermon and a simple style. There is some organ music and the congregation sings hymns and parts of the liturgy.
- 10:15 am Eucharist with sermon and a traditional style. There is organ music and the choir sings.
A time of fellowship with refreshments follows each worship service.
- 6:30 pm Evening Prayer with Eucharist in the Prayer Room.
- 2017-09-17 Sermon The Rev. Catharine Reid
- 2017-09-10 Sermon The Rev. Dorian McGlannan
- 2017-09-03 Semon: Rev’d Edie Weller
- 2017-08-27 Sermon The Rev. Catharine Reid
- 2017-08-20 Sermon The Rev. Scot Wright
Past sermons are available on the Sermon Archive page.