Worship and Formation
As we gather at St. John’s on Sundays please know that everyone is welcome to worship with us – no exceptions, no exclusions. We practice our banner invitation, “Come as you are!” We believe God has created each of us in God’s own image. We are his sons and daughters whom he loves and for whom he cares deeply. You are invited to participate fully in our worship, or simply sit in quiet contemplation – whatever most feeds your soul.
Children are always welcome at worship. To enable them to enjoy their time in the worship hour, St. John’s provides a staffed nursery very close to and within sight of the worship space. Also, near the rear of the worship space, we have provided an open space with a table with books and coloring supplies and soft toys. It is arranged so that parents may sit with or very close to their children.
To learn more about our philosophy and what to expect in worship click here.
Worship opportunities at St. John’s:
- 8:00 am Eucharist with sermon and a simple style. There is organ music and the congregation sings hymns and parts of the liturgy. A coffee time follows worship.
- 10:15 am Eucharist with sermon and features the musical leadership of our choir (September-May). There is organ music, choir offerings and the congregation joins in singing hymns and the chants of the liturgy. A coffee time follows worship.
- 6:30 pm Evening Prayer with Eucharist in the Prayer Room.
- 2017-05-21 Sermon The Rev. Walter Knowles
- 2017-05-14 Sermon The Rev. Walter Knowles
- 2017-04-30 Sermon The Rev. Catharine Reid
- 2017-04-23 Sermon The Rev. Mark Miller
- 2017-04-16 Easter Sermon The Rev. Dorian McGlannan
Past sermons are available on the Sermon Archive page.